Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fresh Apple Cake with Carmel Sauce

As I'm adding my favorite recipes to our blog, I am reminded of old friends from different places we have lived and special things we did together. Funny how food can trigger memories we haven't thought about in a very long time. My friend Nancy served this at our book club when we lived in Chicago. I can't remember the book we discussed but I can vividly picture each of the wonderful women gathered together and I'm reminded of the great impact their examples have been in my life.

The apples this time of year are at their peak. Another great way to celebrate Fall!!

Mix together:
2 eggs well beaten
2 c. sugar
½ c. canola oil

Blend in
2 c. flour
2 t. cinnamon
1 ½ t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Add:
2 c. coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
4 c. peeled and sliced apples

Bake in greased 9x13 inch pan at 350 for 50 minutes

Carmel sauce:
½ c. butter
1 T. flour
½ c. brown sugar
½ c. white sugar
½ c. evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
Bring to boil for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly. Serve with good vanilla ice cream!
Serves 12

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...