Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New York Chocolate Pie

We have BYU's Pendulum Court Cafe to thank for this delicious chocolate dessert.

Graham Cracker Crust-
1 1/2 packages graham crackers crushed
1/4 cup melted butter
3 T. Sugar
Combine and pat into 9 inch pie plate.  Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes.

Filling:
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
Combine and blend until sugar has dissolved.  Pour into baked crust.  Bake an additional 35-45 minutes or until set.  Refrigerate.

Serving suggestion:  Top with whipped cream that has been sweetened and tinted pink and sprinkle with crushed peppermints.  

1 comment:

Donna said...

Cindy, I'm so glad I found your blog! I will be trying out some of these recipes! I clued my daughters, Torrey and Ricci, in on these recipes, too. Thanks so much for sharing!
Donna Helwig-Westover

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...