Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sweet Mustard Roast


I branched out on this recipe (I'm not a huge roast fan) but it actually turned out delicious! I cooked it on low all day and by dinner time it was so tender it just fell apart and soaked up all of the juices.

3 pounds beef roast
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons white vinegar

Dump meat into crockpot. Top with molasses, dijon, and vinegar. Toss in the garlic powder. Using tongs, flip the meat over a few times to coat it nicely with the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 4.

3 comments:

suzi said...

We LOVE roast over here! I have one in the freezer, but not for long...I'm making this one on Sunday! Thanks, JBE! xoxo

remi said...

this one turned out too dry for me. I couldn't even finish it, we had to throw out the whole thing. not sure what I did wrong.....

Cindy Brink said...

I served this with polenta and the combination of the tender beef with it's delicious juices was simply delicious!!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...