Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Frosting - with a twist.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this frosting. It's title "That's the best frosting I've ever had" had me hopping for something a little better, but then again maybe I'm just more partial to a delicious cream cheese frosting. It has a whipped cream like texture and definitely doesn't hold up in heat as was evident by liquid frosting towards the end of our morning at the beach, but overall I would say it is definitely worth trying and a good second if you don't have cream cheese or even powdered sugar on hand.
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 5 Tablespoons Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 cup Butter
  • 1 cup Granulated Sugar (not Powdered Sugar!)

In a small saucepan, whisk flour into milk and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla.

While the mixture is cooling, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add the cooled milk/flour/vanilla mixture and beat until it all combines and resembles whipped cream.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...