Thursday, April 8, 2010

Salad de Maison


My friend Emily made this delicious salad for a baby shower a few days ago and everyone at the shower fell in love - it was a huge hit! I asked her for the recipe, so I could share it! Make it, you'll love it!

Her notes on the salad: For the shower I just used what I had on hand so it was a little different.- I didn't have Lemon - I had limes so I used that instead (I thought it was just as good but I put in more lime just than it calls for because it wasn't quite as acidic as I wanted it to be). And I usually don't do all of the garlic in the dressing because it is really strong. This dressing recipe makes a ton so the salad I made for the shower was only half of the dressing recipe. For the salad part I had arugula and spinach so I used that instead of romaine and I added pear and avocado because I had that on hand.

Juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 lb. bacon, diced
2 heads romaine lettuce, torn in small pieces
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup coarsely grated Swiss cheese
2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 cup croutons

Make dressing. Combine lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Beating continuously with a fork, slowly add vegetable oil in a stream. Let stand 3 hours. Saute diced bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. In a salad bowl, combine romaine lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds and bacon. Toss with dressing, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...