Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cottage Pasta Salad

Besides from my own mother, I received a great deal of instruction and inspiration for cooking from a friend, Maya Larsen, while we were living in Chicago. She taught a cooking class once and month out of her home. And even though I couldn't afford to take her classes (we were "starving students" at the time), she always shared her recipes with me. This is a favorite I got from her.

1 lb. cooked pasta-rinsed and drained (the recipe calls for linguini, but I've used a variety of different shapes)

Dressing:
1 c. olive oil
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1-3 cloves garlic-pressed
1 tsp. oregano
1 T. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp. sea salt
dash worstershire sauce

1/4 c. chopped sundried tomatoes
1/2 c. pine nuts
1 c. asiago cheese-grated

Mix dressing and pour over fresh cooked pasta. Toss. Marinate 4-6 hours. Sitr in 3/4 c. cheese, tomatoes, and pine nuts. Top with remaining cheese.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...