Sunday, March 6, 2011

Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Soup


I bought a Blendtec last summer and it is the only appliance I have ever allowed to sit out on my counter top. I used it all the time to make my "power drinks" or other fruit smoothies that I love on those hot summer days. Once the colder weather came, I found myself not using it at all and I finally found a nice place for it in a cupboard. Consequently, I stopped using it altogether. The other night, my husband who doesn't usually come up with dinner ideas all on his own, had the great idea to make a soup recipe from the Blendtec recipe book. This is the one we tried and it was a winner!

1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup buttermilk
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic (I sauted the onion and garlic together for better flavor)
1 can garbonzo beans-drained
1 can plain artichokes-not marinated-drained
1 cup roasted red peppers-drained
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

The beauty of the Blendtec is that you just put all the ingredients in the blender and hit the soup button and voila-you have soup. It's not quite as hot as I like to eat soup, so I heated it up longer on the stove top. I'm thinking an immersion blender would do the same job-try it and let me know.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...