Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Having a birthday in the summer usually means I get to celebrate it at Girl's Camp!!  Chantal made this yummy cake for me so I could have something home-baked and chocolate on my birthday one year.  It's moist and gets even more delicious after a couple of days if it lasts that long!  Both the great friend and recipe are "keepers"!!

1/2 cup butter-softened
1/2 cup oil
1  3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
4 T. unsweetend cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
2 cups grated zucchini or pumpkin or carrots (or combine them if you want!)
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.  Mix in zucchini.  Add all dry ingredients.  Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan or 2 loaf pans.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Cindi! I am a friend of Jana's. I don't know if the chocolate zucchini cake I have had before was this recipe, but I love it and have wanted to find a recipe. It also feels guilt free because with so much zucchini it must be healthy, right?

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...