Friday, July 16, 2010

Black Bean Salsa Chicken

Due to the unfortunate situation of not having A/C in our apartment this summer, my husband and I have been trying some new crockpot recipes and this one was delicious! I love how you can throw everything in when it is nice and cool in the morning and then come back home at five to a finished meal - it is a beautiful thing.

Black Bean Salsa Chicken

3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup salsa
1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained (I used frozen)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
1 package taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheese

Place chicken in greased crockpot. Pour broth, salsa, corn, beans, and taco seasoning over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or on high heat 3-4 hours. Shread chicken and add sour cream and cheese in the crock pot, or serve on the side.

Serve with warm tortillas. Serves 5-6 people.

1 comment:

Just Jaime said...

I made this and it was DELSIH! The chicken was moist and shredded perfectly. Yum yum yum! I've told everyone about this recipe because it was so easy!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...