Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bloomin' Onion Bread

I'm a carb lover, so one glance at this picture and my mouth is watering! If you're looking for a delicious way to serve bread at your next dinner party - you've hit the jackpot! Cheesey, buttery, oniony goodness! Next time I make it, I'll definitely cut the butter in half - I'm sure it will be just as yummy!

1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread

1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced (I'm pretty sure I didn't use a full pound)

1/2 cup butter, melted (I would reduce this to 1/4 cup)

1/2 cup finely diced green onion, including white part

2-3 tsp poppy seeds

Directions:

Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust.

Places slices of cheese between cuts. Mix together butter, onion, and poppy seeds. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil the entire thing in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.


No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...