Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chicken and Grapefruit Salad


We picked some delicious ruby red grapefruit at Grandma's house last weekend and they are delicious. I can't remember the last time I ate a grapefruit!!! I found this delicious sounding main course salad in Sunset Magazine and gave it a try-of course I tweaked it a little to suit my taste, and it was fresh and yummy!

A combination of chopped romaine and chopped green cabbage
2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken-or roast your own
3/4 cups toasted pistachios
2-3 Ruby grapefruit-peeled and sliced

1/4 cup olive oil
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. each salt and ground pepper

Combine salad ingredients together. Whisk together the olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss gently.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...