Thursday, April 7, 2011

Minestrone Soup...or health in a bowl!

I guess you call this Minestrone Soup but I call it health in a bowl. I made it for a friend and her family who is not feeling well and I'm hoping it helped. My family sure enjoyed it.

Saute in a small amount of olive oil until they start to get good and browned but not burned:
chopped carrots, onions, and celery-equal parts is a good way to determine how much of each. Add 1 T. dried basil and 1 T. dried parsley.

Add to pot, 2 qts. chicken broth, canned diced tomatoes and canned cannelli beans-rinsed, and drained.
Add about 2 cups chopped zucchini-I like the small size cut in discs, and 2 cups red potatoes-cut in about 1/2 inch cubes and 2-3 cups chopped green cabbage. Season with salt and pepper-(I of course used Montreal Steak Seasoning instead of pepper.)

Soup is complete when potatoes are tender. Top with grated parmesan cheese and slice up some delicious bread-truly health in a bowl.


No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...