Thursday, March 31, 2011

Honey Lime Fajitas


Remember these delicious enchiladas??
I love the honey lime marinade and thought I'd try marinating chicken
in it overnight for some fajitas I was planning to make.
They were INCREDIBLE! Hands-down the best fajitas I've ever made!
I served the chicken in corn tortillas and topped the fajitas with sauteed onions and sweet peppers, guacamole, and queso fresco. So fresh and absolutely delicious!

Instructions:
Cut your raw chicken into thin fajita-like slices
and soak in the honey lime marinade for a few hours (or overnight, like I did).
When you're ready to eat, pour the chicken (marinade and all) into a pan and saute until the chicken is almost completely cooked. At this point, drain all of the liquid out of the pan and continue cooking the chicken until it browns up to your liking.
Serve with sauteed onions and red, yellow and orange bell peppers (I used the huge bag of sweet peppers from Costco) and top with whatever fajita fixings you like!
Enjoy!!


Marinade:

1/3 cup honeyLink

1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 large limes)

2 teaspoons to 1 Tablespoon chili powder

2 large cloves of garlic, finely minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder



No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...