Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Garlic Twist Breadsticks

I made these for dinner last night with a tasty new pasta dish I tried (recipe tomorrow)
and they were absolutely delicious. Knowing that I would have a hard time restraining myself to only a couple, I only made half of a batch. Now I wish I had made the whole thing and saved
some of the dough so I could make a few today. Maybe next time!

Linkrecipe and image via

1½ cups warm water

2 Tbsp. sugar

1 Tbsp. yeast

Let that sit for 5 minutes, until frothy.

Then add:

3½ cups flour

1 tsp Salt


Mix until smooth then let raise for 10-20 minutes in a warm place
(I usually turn the oven on low and then turn it off right before I put the dough in to rise).
Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface.
Brush with melted butter mixed with garlic and then sprinkle with kosher salt.
Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips. Twist and place on a cooking sheet.
Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to raise.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately after baking, brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with kosher salt

Best straight out of the oven :)
enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm looks delicious!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...