Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quinoa-a super easy, Superfood!!


It seems like I'm reading about quinoa all over the place. It's super high in protein and a multitude of other health benefits. I love the chewy texture and almost a nutty taste. We might not ever eat rice again!! Tonight as a side dish to bbq chicken I made this dish.

Saute in olive oil:
1 red onion-thinly sliced
1 green or red bell pepper-thinly sliced
4-6 cloves of garlic-minced
salt and pepper to taste

Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes. I'm also thinking this would be equally as yummy served cold.
Serves 4

2 comments:

Jana said...

thanks for the recipe, mom. it was delish!!

Jill said...

I also read about quinoa ALL the time but have never tried it... is it truly tasty? I will have to try.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...