- 1 c. dry quinoa
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions
- 1 T. minced ginger
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 c. pineapple
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1 T. lime juice
- 2 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
- Optional garnishes: lime wedges, peanuts, cilantro, cherry tomatoes
· Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and add quinoa, stirring every minute or so until quinoa is toasted.
· Combine coconut milk and vegetable broth and add to quinoa.
· Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
· Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray or a light spritz of oil and place over medium-high heat. Add green onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
· Add peas, pineapple and cilantro and sauté for an additional minute.
· Add quinoa to the skillet and cook until starting to slightly brown and crisp.
· Finish with lime juice and soy sauce.
· Serve and garnish.