· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 cup cornmeal
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon coarse salt
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
· 1/4 cup whole milk
· 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled, plus more for griddle
· 1 large egg, lightly beaten
· 2 cups fresh blueberries ( I used frozen-rinse first)
· Pure maple syrup, for serving
1. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk, butter, and egg and fold in blueberries. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined (mixture will be lumpy).
2. Heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat.. Brush griddle with melted butter. Spoon batter onto griddle 1/3 cup at a time. Cook until edges are set, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Serve with pure maple syrup.