KOREAN BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
(another method-I cooked the beef with the garlic in the crockpot all day and then added the other ingredients right before serving-it worked great!!)
· 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
· 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
· 1/4 cup chopped green onions
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
· 1 1/2 pounds hanger steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 1 cup white rice
· 1 head butter lettuce
· 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside.
2. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the steak from the marinade.
3. In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
4. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add steak to grill and cook, flipping once and basting with reserved 1/4 cup marinade until cooked through, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. To serve, spoon rice into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style; top with steak, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.