- 1 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar (pearl sugar)
- In mixer, blend vanilla sugar with zest from one lemon. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add in salt and almond extract.
- Mix in the flour and melted butter.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan. Sprinkle coarse sugar and almonds on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool several minutes before turning out of pan.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature!